Toddler/Primary Application Process
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Smaller Scholars Montessori Academy. Please take a moment to read our application process, fill out the application and teacher recommendation forms. Feel free to contact us with any questions!
1. A non-refundable Application Fee of $150.00 per child is due upon application. Admission is based on availability. A $150.00 Re-registration Fee is due annually in February if you are enrolling for fall classes.
2. Each family is required to attend an Orientation with an Administrator prior to your child’s first day of school. At your orientation, immunizations and a signed doctor’s statement should be submitted. The following forms will be reviewed and signed:
- Application Form
- Doctor’s Certificate of Health Statement – To be renewed annually
- Current Immunization Record –Must be kept current
- Signed Food Allergy Care Plan Form
- Signed General Policy Statement
- Signed Exclusion and Sick Child Policy
- Signed Uniform and Splash Day Agreement
- Signed Behavior Guidance and Discipline Policy
- Family Profile
- Photo Release Form
- Signed Parent Enrichment Policy
- Signed Class and Rate Schedule
- Signed Toilet Training Agreement
- Four-week Trial Agreement
- Authorization for medical treatment and ongoing health conditions
- Names of two individuals who may be contacted if parents cannot be reached and are authorized to pick up the children.
- Name of an additional responsible individual who may be contacted in an emergency if parents cannot be reached.
*Your child will spend time in their new classroom while one or both parents are in Orientation.
3. A deposit of half a month’s tuition is due during enrollment process or before first day of attendance. This deposit will be refunded provided Smaller Scholars has been given a written notice of withdrawal on the 1st day of the last full month of attendance prior to leaving from school permanently (e.g. May 1st notice for June withdrawal, etc.). All financial obligations as stated in the policies must be met; otherwise, the deposit will be forfeited. Children who do not attend the summer program without re-registering for the next school year and/or do not return to the school as scheduled will forfeit the deposit.
4. New students entering the school are accepted on a four-week trial basis. At the end of the four weeks, the Lead Teacher will reach out and have a Parent/Teacher conference to discuss your child’s transition and progress in their new class.